Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Power-Up

They say that life is not a video game but they're wrong. Life is very much a video game. It is full of obstacles both small and large. It rewards accomplishments and sometimes it even gives you a second chance. But most importantly life is full of power-ups.

The last video game system I owned was a Nintendo. Not a Wii or a gameboy or even an N64 but a good old Nintendo Entertainment system. Back then the games' goals were simple and the gameplay basic. Do one thing at a time. Shoot. run. Jump. Turn. Go faster. Slow down. That was pretty much it. Power-ups were in the game to help you do one of these things faster, bigger, more precisely or with complete disregard for supply. They were, as any of my old friends can tell you, definitely the most fun part of the game. Seeing your car or your player suddenly transformed from his most basic function into something far more powerful.

The part they don't teach you in school is this: In life you have to search for the power ups. The things in life that amp you up rather than slow you down. The things that give you joy rather than take it away. for this reason alone I returned to The Truth Blog. Simply put, it gives me power. I gain strength from strong words and big ideas. When I write it down the words become real and when I put it up here it takes flight to wherever you are. I don't care who reads it. My power isn't in numbers, it's in the ability to make something new.

If you're a truly lucky one you've found a way to make money of your power-ups. These are the people we look up to. They are the best at what they do because their work gives them power, they put the power into their work and it spirals into something bigger than any one person form there. I'm trying to figure out how to do this myself. Until then I'll be satisfied stealing away a few moments to to scribble down an idea, eek out a post, read a few pages of a new book and pedal up the side of a mountain. These are my power ups and I refuse to let them go.

Oh, and I almost forgot: If your power-ups aren't working just pull out the cartride and blow on it a little bit. Works every time...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out another truth blog...www.truthvitamin.com

5:15 PM  
Blogger cherokeewind51 said...

This game is what you are familiar with and it brings comfort and joy. This does not rectify truth. We are all lost in sin and our we are ignorant to it. The children of men have lay-ed out what we should do by popular demand. This is not truth but just selfish entertainment.The greed involved in this is selfishness to appease boredom.Helping others is more productive and you will feel better personally.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

I found your blog very insightful. I believe that you are on to something and i understand where you are going with this. Thanks for posting.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Carole said...

Nice post. You might like this quote on truth. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/truth.html

5:59 PM  
Blogger Rob Bernstein said...

I wonder what my power up is, in my blogs i talk about episodes i have went throu while fighting the dark forces, that gave me power till they disappeared, and im still writing more

8:31 PM  
Blogger jonnie wyatt-may said...

Nice blog, an interesting read. I'm starting to blog about different truths that i believe are hidden from us. Maybe we could blog about each others blogs in the future? My aim is to open peoples eyes so we are no longer a society of sleep walkers.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Shawn Harris said...

Powerups? Really? That's what life has come down to for this generation? Video Game metaphors... If life were a video game we would all have redo and reset. I have yet to discover that option in life. The truth of the matter is life is no more like a video game than a fish is like a bird. Life is more like chess, only who do you play? Is it yourself, others, or no one at all?

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Shawn said...

Interesting and insightful blog, very nice.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jack Harven said...

Interesting and deeply thoughts. Please continue posting such great posts like that!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOr serious people only! this product work for me to quit smoking. if your serious check it out and give it a try! http://rdd.me/2ypara9k

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home