Friday, December 01, 2006

NaBloPoMo day 3o! I made it. I swear part two of the long anticipated story that began with part one earlier this month was slated for today but I forgot two key things.

1. Thirty days has September, April, June and November.

2. The mormon girl worked with me tonight.

You'll be happy to know that part two has a title. "From Stockholm to my home: buses, trains planes and The Game" and that it's not going to be lost.

All I want to leave you with tonight is something simple. I've seen that letting people into my heart is a journey. More so for myself than for them. Each time I lead them down the winding staircase deeper into that place I have face everyone who has tread there before. Demons are made up of the past and when I want to make something meaningful I have to stand and fight them. The first few doorways are easy to walk through because the memories aren't painful. They aren't that connected. Smiles and touching and simple things. But from here on out it gets rough. Everyone has their dragons to slay and mine are old loves and sitting along the waterfront and lying in the snow and watching the last flicker of the candle warm while the rain falls outside. Before I can go forward I have to go back. So tonight it's Maine and soon I'll head to NYC and CT and Sow covered mountains and the streets of L.A.

We're all made up of what we've done and who we've loved. And before we can build on it was have to face it.

See you NaBloPoMo. It's been swell and you know I'll be around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home