Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sometimes I get antsy and I want to put this blog address on fliers and in emails and give it to all my friends and family and coworkers partly to say "oh really you did that? Well I wrote a post a day for all of November so suck it." and partly to bridge that gap between the life inside and the life outside.

A few things are for sure. I'd be getting more ass I'd be closer to some people who don't think we have anything in common and I'd get pushed away by a few others. And of course I'd be getting a lot more calls from my grandparents and the subjects would be far more awkward.

But I'm not writing here to blog any gap except the one between you and me so I'll suck it up and explain to my grandma that yes I could use a few more shirts for Hanukkah and Christmas and of course please remember to keep the receipts because the three ugly shirts she buys me before the holidays will turn into six stylish shirts when properly exchanged in January. I admit I would have liked to get her on the inside of the seamless socks joke but alas, what I saw as the final crescendo of the conversation fell on equal parts figurative and literal deaf ears.

I'm always a little bit jealous of those of you willing to bring the real world and the blog world together. There's this paranoia I can't get rid of when I imagine doing it myself. What if the wrong people find it? What if my job or some future jobs gets ruined by it? What if I want to run for political office one day and all this is still floating around all those servers?

And most importantly, What if no one in my real life gives a shit?

Show some love. We're going out of NBPM with a bang.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yossarian said...

i only tell my friends and family because i like to know someone is reading.
but i only have 2 friends so big whoop.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous db said...

Man, I used to think that all the time. Half the time I was sure everyone should know and the other half I cowered in fear that some already did.

But I don't really blog anymore so I don't think about it much.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home