Saturday, November 25, 2006

NaBloPoMo Day 25

As part of NaBloPoMo I've been reading a lot of blogs lately looking for some new heavy hitters to write comments for. I must say the results have been less than impressive. Let me make it abundantly clear that I don't care how your day was or what exactly you did. I care even less about your household pet, your neighbor's children and you're current mood. Sure a blog is going to be about you and your life but it should also be about everyone and everything. Even though all the contents are yours I still want to be able to find something familiar. All I want is a shrug or a smile or a tear or an eyebrow raise. I'll write a part of me but it's still about you.

Take, for example, today's realization. I have not been able to figure out the perfect kind of person to compliment me. On one hand I dream about a nice girl. The kind who flosses everyday and send thank yo cards. She would ground me. But I also dream of a fiery girl. One who has way too many numbers in her phone for me to be comfortable with. All I finally came to realize was that I'll never decide on the the perfect fit until I finally fess up that maybe the kid I think I am isn't the real one. It isn't the one everyone else sees. I'm not ready to admit defeat and pick a path just yet. So until then I'll just keep running around looking at every different shape for one that fits this hole.

Now run along and apply this to your life or your friend or your significant other or you ex who dumped you for the flosser/punker.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snoskred said...

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) I've been commenting on a lot of blogs - I started at the bottom of the alphabet (then skipped to the front, did numbers and A, then back to the end) and clearly I muse be on T now, because I'm here. :)

The thing is, most people aren't keeping a blog for you to read. They're keeping a blog for their own reasons. They get to decide what it's about. You get to decide whether to read it, or hit the little red x at the top corner. ;) I've seen some blogs during this journey of commenting where I just said hi and went away, never to return. It's just that person did not manage to connect with me in any way. :) Visit my blog today you'll see pictures of my fridge, and probably click that little red cross in a hurry. Read back through my archives, and you'll probably find something to shrug, smile, tear or eyebrow raise about.

So while NaBloPoMo is great in some ways, it is bad in others because it makes us tend to snap judgements rather than finding out who that blogger really is, and if they have anything to speak to our heart. ;)

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home