Monday, August 21, 2006


The key is to really be kicking their ass, to really be knocking their socks off, even if you're having an off night. I tell myself every time I get lost that it's not about flawlessness, it's about leaving people with something a little bigger than any of us can ever be. I put on a good show.

One bit like a fish, unable to resist the temptation of the fly even if she knew just as well it was false. Another saw through me right to the other side. She wasn't fooled for a second.

Now I have two e-mail to write. One pushing for the future, closing a door, ignoring a familiar ring and playing safe. The pain and the hate are just a price that time makes you pay. Another reaching hopelessly backwards for something maybe lost and hoped to be forgotten but never able to be drained as much out and washed as much away as I would ever have liked. I'll let you decide who gets what letter.

But forget the letters because certainly the best part is that the show will still go one. Not a cough, not a stumble, not a broken string. The key is to really be kicking their ass. Because then maybe for a second they won't see the show, they won't see through you, they'll see right into the tasty, cream-filled center.

One song is always on repeat
There are calluses on my fingers
My watch died at exactly 9:45 a.m. and 15 seconds
There are blisters on my small toes
I cant' decide what blew more, K-Fed or Prison Break's season premiere
Yes, I'm that shallow
I really wish you would believe that
I need more lists in my life

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The key is to really be kicking their ass"

Note taken. Never go away.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home