Monday, July 24, 2006

Money where the mouth is


Two years ago there was someone named G2K, there was nothing sweeter than a late night phone call and all my dreams of being a bigger and a better man didn't have to be anything but dreams just yet. This blog started just like those dreams not long before that. Almost everyone who hit the blogosphere with me around then is gone or working under a new name. Times change.

And this, as they say, is go time. Current offers on the table in the order of highest to lowest salary are:
Furniture salesman
Waiter at a fancy restaurant
Reporter for a trashy but rich magazine
Writer for a politically motivated internet site
Campaign Manager for a local guy going for state legislature

Current offers in order of appeal:
Campaign Manager for a local guy going for state legislature
Writer for a politically motivated internet site
Reporter for a trashy but rich magazine
Waiter at a fancy restaurant
Furniture salesman

Funny the way these little things work out isn't it? New York and LA are still very much on the table. G2K still calls me on the phone. The snow globe still sits on the corner of my desk. I brush the dust off it every once in a while and watch the plastic snowflakes fall across the shiny Empire State Building. Remember TMG? Now she's in LA wondering when I'm going to accept my fate, pack my car and roll west. Lindsey and I don' t talk anymore. The rest of the cast: Most have surrendered to the tired 9-5's. As for Tayden, he's living vicariously through The Truth Blog Archives right now. Sure most of the pictures are gone, but the dreams are so much closer to being real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home