Monday, May 08, 2006

The Letters: Volume V


Dear College
What a fucking ride we had. I mean, even if we don't count that year in the middle I'm sure you can agree that we did exactly what I had hoped. I wanted to hit the ground running. I just wanted to throw myself out there on the road to somewhere and find out about myself as I went along. As much as I learned I forgot, and as much as I forgot I realized there was a whole hell of a lot more than I never learned but still wanted to know.
If there's one impression that you've left on me, one that's going to change the rest of my life, its how you taught me to talk the talk. I always knew that I had the walk in me, I always knew how to back it all up, but the front was seriously lacking. No, I'm not talking about making a move on the ladies (though thanks for that too) I'm talking about all there is to life. Sure 90% is showing up and maybe 5% is doing what you do well but the other 5% is selling yourself, and convincing the world around you that you've got the other 95% locked down.
I realize know that the last 4 months were a sheer test of will to see if you could brake me. To see if I would let you turn my world upside down... Sure you got me into a corner but never forget, I'm quick like a mongoose.
There's 3 days left till the rest of my life and The view from here is still pretty good. The road is open. The top is down. There's nothing for miles but clouds and sunshine and rolling hills. And college, you know what you could never understand about me? It's that this baby was built for the open road.
As much as I will learn from here I'll forget
And as much as I forget I'll realize there so much still to learn.
So, who's ready for Europe?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come by Norway.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Tayden said...

Dear Anonymous,
if you put a roof over my head I'll be there.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home