Thursday, April 06, 2006

THE LETTERS: Volume IV


Dear New Mexico:
You're throwing down for me this week. You've been a gracious host with cold margaritas, an adobe house with heated brick floors, outdoor hot tubs, beautiful sunsets and flirty 30 year olds. Sure, Santa Fe is sleepy right now but so am I and it's perfect timing for spas and massages and wandering streets where I know I'll never bump into familiar face.

Bike trails traverse your brown rolling hills endlessly so I spent yesterday bruising and battering and exhausting myself for today's relaxation session of outdoor spa and massage. I might not be ancient and set in my ways, but my tastes are refined enough to know that good tequilla makes all the difference and that a good massage is like a good dance: speeding and slowing, moving smoothly and flawlessly from one spot to another. After years of the sport and enough physical therapists grinding my muscles into submission, the difference between massages meant to patch me up for the next day and massages meant send me to realxedville are all the more sweet.

Tonight's schedule of flamenco guitar, tapas and more margaritas went swimmingly. In fact, I was pretty sure I was swimming after about 6 or 7 when I found myself on the dance floor with the NY/NJ 30 somethings. I don't know what it is but the older ladies always have their eyes on me... not that I'm complaining.

Thnaks NM, we've still got 2 solid night ahead of us so you best rest up and get ready for me to bring the heat.

Your new Amigo,
The TB

2 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

man, new mexico sound schweeet... and its always the older ones that catch your eye... theyre the only ones that can teach you a thing or two.

have fun the rest of your trip!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Yossarian said...

you get to travel a lot. when i am done with the army can i have a job?

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home