Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sometimes you can't rule the flow and you just have to let the flow rule you.

I'm hungry and I mean that in so many ways but mostly in the worst sense which means growling stomach and shaking hands and for some reason I turned down a free bagel for a cute girl, I think because when she looked at me I knew that she knew that I knew that there's nothing free in this world.
I'm reaching I swear to you but everything is sitting just outside the reach of my fingertips taunting and laughing a lot like I used to do to my little sister before she grew up bigger than me. There's a strong chance this is all karma coming back around. The blank screen used to fill itself with words and neatly packaged little meaning and morals and little fuzzy things that jump in your stomach and make it tingle.
I said once that I don't' try to write about meaning and metaphors, they just sort of jump out at me without warning. I stand by that. Metaphors are tricky little bastards but it's just not metaphor season.
A friend said that maybe after LA life out here just isn't the same. That it isn't worth writing about. I think it's just the opposite. Everyone has a dream tucked away that hides the life they always dreamed of living. This place isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot closer to the dream hidden in the little hatch in the trunk of car with the spare tire where I kept my secret alcohol stash way back when before the authorities agreed that it was a good idea to let me consume.

A dream is start but Trigger Bill got it right when he said, "Dream Big Dreams, then put on your overalls."
It's 2006, I'll see if there's pair of stone-washed X2's in the closet that I don't mind getting a little dirty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home