Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'm not a musician but it's hard not to get inspired with a room like this just begging for someone to light the candles in late evening and let their light guide me full speed ahead into the darkest hours of the night.
I've known for a good long time that music isn't my calling but more recently I've learned that it is one of my greatest escapes. Just a few chords strung together and suddenly I'm Harry Houdini sliding off the shackles, picking the locking gliding out of this prison cell.

We're all here. On the blogosphere. All wanting to take the next step. All wanting to make our lives, make our world, make our words something more. But you want to know why no one is taking us seriously? It's because none of are willing to take that next step. Words will only take man so far and the rest is a scary thought because it's blood and sweat and dirt and feelings but we're programmed to hide those feelingz away because they will lead too nothing good. They want to keep us like this. But blogs prove thas they can't keep us appeased with widescreen TV's and SUV's forever. We'll talk and talk and take until we turn red and then blue but stop living our lives the way we live them with all these stupid things and rules and ideas? They're betting we won't. I'm betting we will. But until then all I've got is a hope that burns like candles in the depths of the darkness and a few chords bouncing of the walls of this amazing room that's both my prison and my release.

2 Comments:

Blogger Invisible said...

coming back after awhile to be treated to 3 new posts ...yay!
have a great year ahead.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Sylkk said...

I'm going, I'm going.. I'm taking the next step! Think good thoughts for me ~ I always enjoying reading what you write. Happy New Years!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home