Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hi nice people who keep leaving comments and sending me e-mails. The coolest thing in the world is when people keep leaving comments on old posts because it means that when you come here it's all making enough sense that you want to read on. You want to grab as much as you can and that is what I call success, even if it's on a small scale. But not everything we talk about has to be serious and intense and emotional and spurting like my roommate's vomit from some fountain of wisdom. Maybe we should start with something easy. Something frivolous and unimportant.

I've got it: My worst fear. My biggest, baddest, scarriest fear is that its all been done. That's its all been done better. No matter what I blog, no matter what I say or what I sing, or who I screw someone has beaten me to the punch. Someone is thetruthblogger only he's (or she's cuz I know girls can hang just as well with this shit) doing it the way it's supposed to be done. Better. Smarter. Stronger. Faster. With more Heart. With fewer words. With the love and attention it deserves. I try to take the most complicated things, the ones you never feel like you can wrap your hand around, strip them of everything unimportant and put them down here in their most naked form. And I suggest that to digest them fully you should be in the same state. Unless you're fat. Or ugly. Or wrinkly and old. Or a dude. Yup, I 'm shallow and stupid in real life too. But shhhhh. It's our little secret.

This fear of being outdone is seconded only by the thought of someone crushing my windpipe in some fight or freak accident. It doesn't matter how much I trust you, I will never let you touch my goiter. Maybe it's like Pretty Woman. She'll only kiss the right man, and I'll only let the right girl wrap her hand around the outside of my throat. Yup, if you ask me, love is a swift karate chop to the adam's apple.

1 Comments:

Blogger eric said...

better. stronger. faster.

have you been watching bionic man re-runs?

e+

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home