Saturday, August 27, 2005

I've been inside the stuffy Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre at the Academy Of Television Arts and Sciences in North Hollywood and really it doesn't surprise me that the people who hold a membership are the same who decided to snub the very best show on Television when the Emmy Nominations came out a while back.
Let me Tell you what sets certain shows apart from the rest:

They realize that it's fucking TV. That they can be as ridiculous as they want. That they can show you dreams and memories and they can bend reality and bend time and bend your understanding of the world.

They realize that I have to stare at ugly people every day and that TV is a place where I should really only have to look at really hot women. Not all of them have to have boob jobs and plastic surgery but they need to be beautiful.

They don't sugar coat anything. In fact, they have a knack at making life seem shittier than it actually might be.

They make you hate yourself for watching sometimes

They never make you feel preached to even when they're preaching to each other incessantly.

They're willing to turn everything in the show on it's head just for the fuck of it.

My Tivo will tell you that Rescue Me is the best show on TV. It will record it automatically, then send it via my wireless home network to my computer where I then get to burn it onto a DVD, take it to the sorority and make all the girls cry until their makeup runs down their faces and onto their Abercrombie T-shirts and custom-ass tailored jeans.

Oh, and as a side note does anyone else burst out laughing every time they see Jeff Jarvis emasculated by the giant picture of Pamela Anderson next to him on the Buzz Machine?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Jarvis said...

Emasculated?
Remasculated, I'd say....

5:59 PM  
Blogger Tayden said...

Haha. Perhaps. I think it's just the sheer difference in proportions that makes me giggle. I'm a little worried she is going to lean over and eat you.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home