Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dear anonymous commenter who told me that I am amazing,
Thank you. That means a lot. Especially because I think that The Truth Blog is one of the most underrated blogs on the internet. Don't' worry, we'll change that soon enough. But more importantly, if you really want to say thanks you will give me and give the world and give yourself 30 minutes a day in front of a keyboard telling me about what gets you off. Telling me about what gets you mad. Telling me about what makes you cry. Telling me about your life even if it might seem a little slow. Or maybe it's fast. But it's real and that's what I want to hear.

You will all be disappointed to hear that I will not be sleeping with any sorority girls this year. It was a decision I came to today while working in the kitchen. That my job there is a means to an end. That I want to surround myself with the right kind of people. With good people. With people who have their hearts in the right place. And after talking to all of the new faces I can guarantee you that none of the girls in that house do. And so it goes in this town. I assume stupidity and ignorance unless you can prove me wrong. Please go out and surround yourself with the right kind of people. I can only say from experience that too many hours and weeks and years have been wasted with idle minds. If the blogosphere teaches you nothing else it's that there are smart people out there and that they are everywhere and that they are all searching for something more. Something to get them through the day.

Also, I do not see any heat or fire in anyone's eyes at the present moment. So if you complimented me because of my sappy posts about a girl I was deeply and foolishly in love with a year ago then you're probably going to have to wait a while before I get infatuated enough again to reveal so much about my personal life to the world. And in this town girls who can take me away to places I've never been are hard to come by. They mostly just spring out of Abercrombie and Gap catalogues around here. And very few are searching for something more than what they have found. They're afraid to even wonder if something more is out there.

Right now my something more is called Tivo, which was my going away present form the national magazine worked for in Los Angeles all summer long It was repayment for hanging out with all those cock faced celebrities but unfortunately I need a phone line to set it up and both I and all my friends are so cellular dependent that none of us have a land line. I do know that as soon as I get the bitch fired up it will be quickly loaded with: Rescue Me on FX, Battlestar Galactica on SciFi, Laguna Beach and Real World on MTV, and Best Week Ever on VH1.

To recap for my anonymous friend:
Write even if you don't want to
Surround yourself with people who will make you a rockstar and bring out the best in the world
Fall in love with a girl because she's amazing, not because she's there
Get a Tivo and record shows that people will make fun of you for
blogroll me as soon as you get your shit together

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That anonymous was right. And I don't consider you to be a cocky person even for a second when you write that about your blog. Because it IS the most underrated blog. Period.

Over the past few days I've taken some time to read through the whole blog from page 1. Just like I read the whole thing from start to your most recent post when this blog caught my attention one day back in July 2004. And I consider it to be one of the best "pieces" I've ever read. Keep on doing what you do best.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

amen, bro.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Jody said...

Like your anonymous comentator, I think you are amazing, not because your posts are so entertaining (although they are... I read your stuff all the time) but because your blog is completely genuine and original, and you have the balls to send it out into cyberspace for anyone to read. This post in particular really struck me. You probably wrote it and posted it and forgot about it and are now wondering why this girl you don't even know is randomly complimenting you on such an old post, but I liked this quote in particular:
"There are smart people out there and...they are everywhere and that they are all searching for something more. Something to get them through the day."
Like the sorority you work at, my school is filled with shallow rich kids, and I guess it was just nice to hear that. You are the rockstar in my mind, and I'm glad I only know you through the Internet, because meeting you would probably cause disillusionment, and I like to think that there really are people out there like the one your blog has presented you to be.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home