Friday, July 22, 2005

Sometimes there are certain moments that just sum everything up so succinctly. Like an evening on the couch where I'm flipping through the channels. I knew that I was watching something good just a minute ago. But then I changed the channel and I can't for the life of me remember what the hell I had been watching for the last 15 minutes. God if I had just not changed the channel then I know I could still be there watching whatever it was I was watching. Or maybe those 15 minutes never really happened.

There are four elevators that go to the 11th through the 18th floor. Two on one side of the hallway and two on the other side. When the doors open you're always staring at two elevator doors. And it doesn't matter how much attention I pay in the lobby, I never know if I need to walk off the elevator to the left or the right to get to my office. I never remember which side I of the lobby I got onto the elevator from.

I never have a pen when I need one. I try to keep one in my pocket all the time at work. But somehow there is never a pen there when I need one. When I need to write something important down. I reach in and let my disturbingly long fingers fumble around my keys and my cell phone and maybe my ipod mini but there's never a fucking pen. I must go through ten a week. They don't end up in my office or my car or my apartment. Where do they go?

I keep bananas right next to the box of cereal on top of the fridge. The idea is that every morning I will grab the cereal and pour it in the bowl and grab a banana and slice it up and put it on top of the cereal. Maybe four days a week I get 3/4 of the way through my cereal before I realize I forgot the banana. The fucking banana that was staring me in the face right there on the fridge. And by then it's too late. I mean the cereal is already half soggy and I'm late for work and I'm kinda fullish and it would just take so long to slice the banana. So at the end of every week I throw out three or four brown bananas. Cuz my mom never taught me how to turn them into banana bread.

Doesn't that just say it all?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jacqui said...

I like soggy cereal. And cereal with bananas. Maybe now that you've written it down you'll remember ... usually how it works for me!

:-) Good luck.

6:35 PM  
Blogger eric said...

haha!

great stoner post!

e+

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home