Friday, July 22, 2005

Nothing you're thinking is new. There have billions of people on this planet. At the very least there are thousands living out your very same situation. There are plenty who have lived it in the past. Don't' worry. If you fail someone else will succeed in your place. They'll be willing to take a stand where you are not. They'll write down their convictions in zeros and ones. In ink on paper and under skin where it will never fade.

I've never been willing to get a tattoo. There's not a thing in this world that I ever thought was worth carrying with me forever. Nothing I believed in enough to tell people always. I just can't commit to anything But that's just because I'm afraid to accept that life is short and finite and in the end the places we go and the choices we make aren't for anyone but ourselves. There are few things I know that I'll always believe in. But if there's one thing I'm ready to wring down in the most permanent ink it's that nothing lasts forever. If I put anything on my body it will be a reminder that you're not stuck in one place. In one body. In one state of mind. Rebirth. Something that represents the constant changing of life. Rebirth. A tattoo of rebirth. Renacimiento. Renaissance. Renovatio. If there's one thing I believe in enough to carry with me always it's that no matter who you think you are. No matter where you think you can go and what you think you can do, nothing is set in stone unless you mix the mortar and set the bricks yourself. Renovatio. Rebirth. Renewal. Rejuvenation.

I heard about a great tattoo artist in Venice. I'm ready to write it down. Deep down where no one can get to it or change it or ever convince me of anything else. Now that's what I call a souvenir.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

i say get 'dust in the wind' in bog old english letters across the back.

10:33 AM  
Blogger mr. tomas ubik said...

we have a very similar outlook on life...well said bro, stop stealing my thoughts...or wait is this just a crafty way of proving your point.

we are unoriginal bastards.


how bout a tattoo of a naked baby riding a sheep with a axe in his hand. I saw that in vice mag once and thought that was worth carrying for ever if you have a story to go with it.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home