Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What did you say?

From the 18th floor of the office building it's easy to look all the way down to the ocean. No one gave any warning that this time of year the fog comes rolling in off the coast somewhere between 2 and 5 each day and envelops any of that perfect sunny day that's not too hot or not too cold. I'm convinced that I'm the only one in the city who walks to work. That's fine with me. As long as I'm at my friends ( for another week or so) I'll strut those 5 blocks like a king.

In three days I haven't left my little corner of Los Angeles. I'm not afraid of getting lost or mugged or wrecked, I'm afraid of getting stuck in traffic forever and going insane. So I stay here. In my little corner of of Westwood and Brentwood and Santa Monica hoping that if I don't leave then they won't be able to steal my soul.

I want to change the truth blog a bit for the next few months. I want to bring you here with me. I want you to walk to work beside me and feel your eyelids heavy at the end of the workday and smell the breeze drifting off the ocean in the evening strolling along the beach with the white sand sliding my your toes. I want you to smile that same dopey smile I do when I see the pretty girls and an even more awkward one when one comes home with me. I'm gonna try to bring you as many pictures as my ADD allows and I would also like to update the look of the truth blog. I'm actually pretty html retarded so if anyone wants to answer a million questions about snazing things up, I'll pay you in juicy Hollywood Gossip.

I'll be here for a while. Hopefully not long enough for it to make me soft. Everyone here is completely and utterly self-involved. Even the bum on the street is too busy mumbling incoherently to himself to ask me for some spare change. That's fine, I'm already at the height of self-involvment: I have a blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

ive kinda been learning by doing when it comes to this html stuff, but let me know if i can be of any help.

you can help me keep tabs on paris at least.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home