Friday, April 08, 2005

She stirred suddenly and moved towards me. I was awake. Just a moment ago the first light of day slid through the tiny cracks between the beedroom window's blinds and lit up the inside of my eyelids. I thought she was moving her head to slip it into that comfy little spot between my shoulder and my neck but instead she raised her lips up to my ear, kissed it gently and whispered, "I'm leaving."

Really? Let me get up, I'll take you home.

"No," she said so matter-of-factly, "In a few weeks, when I leave, I'm not coming back."

My brain still wasn't working.

"I'm sorry I just disaapered for a while, but I didn't want to hurt you. I've done this before and I know how mad people can get when they find you're leaving."

Baby, I'm a big boy, you don't have to worry about hurting me. I've had plenty of people dance into my life and right back out again.


"Ya but I.."

Just be honest who you don't want to hurt.


She frowned and I smiled and got self-conscious that my teeth are a tiny bit crooked so I stopped smiling. And the sun just kept shining making lines across our faces. Like it was trying to reveal our true colors.

And so Hawaiian girl goes on her way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pragmatik said...

Sorry, man. This cold Sammy is for you:)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

at least youll always have paris... or wherever you are that is.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home