Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Tonight I got knocked on my ass in so many ways. Our team got together for the championship hockey game (in case you forgot I just started playing a few weeks ago) and somewhere near the end of the period the score was tied 1-1 when I was blindsided from out of nowhere. And The stars came out early. Somehow the hit went unnoticed. 10 seconds on the ground. I shook my head. I made it back to the bench. I sat down. Then I fell off. The ground felt at least a little safe. I wish I remembered one of the Team's other newbies scoring the winning goal in overtime but I don't.

The next thing I remember is walking to may car and hearing a girl's voice.
"Hey. You alright?"
Uh, yeah, just a little woozy
Well good job out there. Oh, by the way, I saw Hawaiian Girl tonight. She was out with some other dude. I saw them kissing too."

4 Advil, 3 for the head and 1 for the heart. I saw one of these hits coming and it wasn't the one on the ice. But it's hard because it means I really do have to start filling up. That what' ive got is transitory. It's not the kind fo stuff tha'll keep me satisfied for very long.. Man I'm a fucking hypocrite. Yesterday I tell you all about never being satisfied and just a few days ago I was spewing some nonsense how everything is just right and none of you are calling me out. Isn't that what bloggers do?

But there's plenty of people out there in the blogosphere calling other people out. There's millions of blogs out there. There's people writing about their passion and their heart and their soul. There's people out there tapping that deep aquifer that most people won't find in a lifetime of digging. There are miners out there. And they're digging deep. Sometimes when you're down that deep people can't see you. But that's part of the mystery and wonder of exploration. And there's all these people down there digging but what are the most popular blogs? They're the mud slingers. They're the ones out for blood. They're the ones making fun of celebrities. If that doesn't tell you something about the human psyche I don't know what does. But it's okay. I'll repeat what I said a while ago:

The rest of the blogosphere can write about the shit. You can have the sex and the blowjobs and one night stands and the drugs and the drunken stupors and the jobs you hate and fucking politicians you hate and all the stuff that doesn't matter out here in reality and all your superficial bullshit. Cause mother fuckers I got love locked down right over here. And there ain't nothing you can do about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

here's to getting up after the big hits, on and off the ice.

rock on.

Mo.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Pragmatik said...

Here here!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Sylkk said...

great post!!

here's to having love locked down~

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home