Monday, March 14, 2005

There's no way I'm going to make it through the week without my two new amazing finds. The first: answers.com. The coolest and easiest way to search the web for straight-up information. Now I'm just waiting for Firefox to design a plugin so that I can access to it all the time in my search box. The other necesity's name is Amos Lee. I don't know where this guy's been hiding but 'keep it loose, keep it tight' is going to get a sickening amount of playtime.

I don't know why, but I can't get away from this urge I have lately to be around people. Not around my roommates or classmates or sorority girls but large groups of people. I can't study in the library, I have to go to Starbucks. I don't want to watch TV, I want to watch people at the mall. I don't want to read your blog, I want to read the expressions on your face while you pass me on the crowded streets. I want to go to movie theaters and parks and the grocery store. I just want to feel connected. I want to be a part of a community. The more you learn the more you yearn for simpler and simpler things.

It's that time of year to start thinking about where I'm going to live com next fall. I've got a real tempting offer. A 3-bedroom setup. Sweet house, won't have to take the bus anymore (though I've grown kind of attached to the bus rides across town), it's close to the sorority (and the big boss man already assured me I'll have the position waiting for me when I come back), it's a 9 month lease and interior is remodeled with granite countertops and a posh bathroom finished to immaculate detail.

But there's always a catch. And the catch here is that I would have to be John Ritter. Granted, they are two cool girls and they've promised to give me some serious liberties when it comes to crotch-grabbing, inviting sorority girls over and drinking beers. But god damn I don't know what I'm going to do when I come home and one of them asks me how my day was. And then gets angry when the only answer I give is "fine.
"
And then they're going to pull out the "we need to have a talk" line and I'll revert back to hammocks but it won't be nearly as funny as it is when I use it on the girls I'm dating.

I'm desperately in need of a cheap last-minute ticket to Florida. The gulf side cuz that's how I roll. I hope I can figure this shit out. Cousin calling trying to convince me to go to Cancun. Girls want me to come to Aspen. If only I was in that income tax bracket.

1 Comments:

Blogger simpleton said...

John Ritter rocked, do it.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home