Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I remember sitting on the pier by the dock of the fish processing plant. I remember being lost somewhere in the many bays of Alaska. I remember watching the weary eyes of sailors drifting as aimlessly as the tide from ship to shore and back to ship again. Daylight never really faded to darkness. But, like the stench of salmon, the eternal sunshine takes it place upon the list of things you forget to notice when you awake. In those two minutes between dreaming and consciousness when your brain is sure that neither world could be real.

The tide rolled in and slipped back out again.

And I try to tell her about it
on the bench in the shopping
mall stuck between Starbucks
and Abercrobie

And I try to tell her about it
In the basement while Wolf
Blitzer babbles on about the white
house.

And I try to tell her about it
while she tugs not
so gently
on the buttons of
my stretchy collared shirt


And she says "just shut up and kiss me." But I'm not her love slave. So I kiss her on the cheek, toss her the brand new copy Tony's "How To Blog" that arrived yesterday and tell her that it will give her all the loving she needs. That it will whisper sweet nothings in her ear. She flipped through a couple pages and said "it looks like poetry. You told me you hate poetry."
I do baby. I do. But read now and I'll see you tomorrow.
"Where are you going?" she asked.
I grinned. Somewhere the tide rolled in and out again. And somehow, I was going to find it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

shell be back...

oh, and tony rules.

rock on.

Mo.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Sylkk said...

what a lovely post ... enjoy Tony's blook :-)

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home