Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Any time a girl says something like "we need to talk" or "do you have time to talk?" or anything remotely similar, you know you're in for some shittiness. You're probably thinking Hawaiian Girl said that to me but she hasn't yet. It's coming though, I can feel it. Like I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Oh no, I knew.

The last time a girl pulled out that line it went something like this:
"Hey, do you have a minute to talk?"
Sure, but only if we talk about hammocks
"What?"
I've got time for hammocks that's about it
(she stares at me blankly)
You know, the mesh thingies. Tie them between two trees or, if you're too lazy, get the ones already on the metal frames and stuff.
"I know what they are, I just wanted to talk to you about..."
I hope you're about to say 'how comfortable they are.' cuz they're damn comfortable
"well, ya, they are."
Cool, well that was a good talk, I gotta run

And I'm still laughing about that one today. I think when HG wants to talk I'll either say hippopotomi or strawberries.

People read this blog. And by people I mean 20 something males who are anxious, dissatisfied and looking for something to change their life. To all of them I'll tell you what I have found, after making more big changes than you can count on one hand. They don't last. They're like the Hawaiian Girl. Quick fixes. If you want to love your life, if you want to live, and I mean really live, you gotta learn to love the small stuff. Everyone is telling us we have to be bigger and smarter and richer and prettier. They want you to be unhappy. That means you'll consume. But it's when you start to realize that what you've got is already so special, you'd be a fool to walk away, that it all finally starts to make sense.

Take that for what you will. Or move to hollywood and become a moviestar/to NYC and become a CEO/ to Here and become a blogger.

4 Comments:

Anonymous curly said...

thats some good advice.

and i think you should talk to HG about peacocks. what weird birds...

12:19 PM  
Blogger raz said...

that shit was some funny about the hammocks, i'm gonna have to try that one out sometime.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Executive Housewife said...

Good post.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Forms said...

"Take that for what you will. Or move to hollywood and become a moviestar/to NYC and become a CEO/ to Here and become a blogger"

Nice battle cry.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home