Saturday, February 05, 2005

Today I got two presents. One was a comment from Paige, who I would definitely ask out on a date if I lived in Canada, even though she isn't the dating type. Unfortunately, I don't think I can live up north because all my veins are close to my skin so I get cold really easily. Last time I was in Canada I got frostbite on the tip of my nose, but it was in Quebec so I just blamed it on the French. Anyhow, The other present was a pity gmail from, um, I think he's from here but my internet investigative skills have succumbed to my ADD.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that the Hawaiian Girl is in Texas all weekend so I don’t' get to go on my self-proclaimed date with her until next weekend? You can chalk that one up on the list of Reasons Why I Fucking Hate Texas right below their incessantly poor skiing and their obsession with football. So in revenge, I went out with another one of my sorority-slave coworkers before dinner last night. We made a mini-vacation out of the beautiful weather we've got right now, put on our Hawaiian shirts, went to the deck-bar just around the corner and proceeded to drink Coronas until my stomach actually felt like we were in Mexico. Then we stumbled around the corner to the sorority for dinner, where we made sure that each and every one of them knew just how surly and drunk we could be. Needless to say it was not an awe-inspiring moment.

But unlike Thursday night, which I would love to tell you about except that I remember very little, last night we were on a mission to sober-up for my newest obsession: Ice hockey. I pay this university a good chunk of change every year and I've decided to get the most out of my money by abusing as many free programs and facilities as possible. So when I found out the Rec center offered free drop-in hockey at 11:30 p.m. every Friday, I decided that it didn't matter if I had been on skates maybe 5 times in my life (none of those in the past 10 years), I was going to learn how to play. Now 4 games and a couple of bruised limbs later, I not only learned how to hockey stop, but I even scored my first goal and ban inserting the i the word, "eh?" into as many sentences as possible (Maybe I have a chance with Paige after all).

And in a final note, we have had a dog staying here all week. He is leaving today. I love dogs. Usually dogs love me. But I learned that he doesn't like to be pet anywhere other that the top of his head the hard way. I gave the usually calming stomach rub which was followed up but a painful but not invasive finger-bite. I think the rule should be that if you are staying on my couch for the week, I should be allowed to at lest rub your tummy. So who needs a place to crash?

2 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

once you start using "eh?" you realize how fabulous it is!

it is the perfect filler in converasation and also the simplist way to turn any sentence into a question.
(ie: 'eh' makes conversations better, eh?)

and that's awsome you just upped and learned hockey! i dont know if i could ever just "drop in" somewhere to learn a sport... i'm not a very sporty person, then again...

7:47 PM  
Blogger dbhayes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home