Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Through The Wire

I made an oath to myself right before I entered journalism school: that I would never work in a newspaper unless I was writing editorials. I just don’t want to work for a newspaper. I don't care enough. Truth is I'm a pretty selfish bastard. Too selfish to write about what is going on around me. That's why I want to write for a magazine. Where I can write about myself in different situations. About what I saw and how I felt and what I like. not about a car accident or a political protest or ay of that shit. That's also why I love this blog so much. Because I can blow my head up so big it's hard to even fit it in front of my computer screen.

It's official, NYC to open 05. That city will probably end up being my home base come summer time. We'll see when it rolls around. I move into a new place when I get back. Fucking far from school. But I'm sick of the quiet life. So I'm livng into a house with 3 of my boyz and 1 of my girlz. I'm scared to give up the silence of solitude that I revel in during the few hours I get at home but this is it. It's the last time I'll ever get the chance to live with my friends in such large quantities. I'll be living alone for the rest of my life so why not mix the hard livin with the crystal sippin?

Today the Grammy nominations rolled out in LA. The hype is all about Kanye West. 10 noms including best album and I stand by him. He is the first to really bring rap right into the heart of this white boy. College Dropout is the kind of music that will truly bring rap to the masses. The kid has got some street cred. The biggest disappointment of the noms was seeing John Mayer get a nod for Daughters. The song is the biggest sell out track and lest musically interesting song he has ever released. But the kids eat that shit up. I love where music is going these days. There's some really talented musicians coming up. Not all of them, mind you, but there's plenty of kids who know their shit. So at least I can get 1 good song in every hundred on the radio. These are the ones that we gotta lift up on our shoulders. One day all you are going to pick me up on your shoulders and lift me into greatness. You just don't know it yet. Determination, dedication, motivation I'm talking to you my many inspirations. I'll never ever let you down.

2 Comments:

Blogger rachell said...

Damn, I love blowing my head up!
It makes me happy when the crappy radio station at work plays a good song.. one every couple hours if I'm lucky. ^_^

5:39 PM  
Blogger Sylkk said...

Hey Tayden ... just discovered your bloggy world .. thanks for the link :-)

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home