Friday, September 03, 2004

I feel the pressures of politics building. The internet never forgets. It doesn't forget when I say I don't want to talk about politics unless it really pisses me off. It's getting close. Close, but not quite. The G2K and I are "in a fight" I think. It's hard to be in a fight with some girl for reasons you don't know and especially when she is 2000 miles away. But she has ignored my phone calls and IM's for the last 2 days. I don't know how I feel about it. Kinda sad. Kinda indifferent. Maybe it's all the eyes around here looking in my direction. Maybe it's that I can't take her seriously when I start to forget her face and her smell and her smile. Maybe it's that I see how rediculous it is to hope this would last. To hope this could last. But it's OK, and I'm young. I have plenty of time. Time to make mistakes, burn bridges and build them back up again.

Speaking of mistakes, last night was Thursday night and I was doing what we do. Hanging with the kids, and just may have run across Tom Arnold and the Best Damn Sports Show crew. And the kid from Dumb and Dumber...er. A hot girl gave me a wedgie. A hotter girl put her number in my phone under"balls." At some point between the vodka and tonics I was offered a PR job for and up and coming software engineering company. Riiiight.

But the whole kicker came earlier in the day. I will not date a sorority girl again forever. I will not. Especially not a blonde one. Especially not a dropdead gorgeous blonde one who's smart and funny and not obnoxious and maybe even worldly, I wouldn't even if she lived in Ghana for a while. I will not. I will not. Give a man a fish and he will want a steak. Give a man a steak and he will want a fish. But it's friday night and I am ready to do whatever I gotta do. But the politics. Oh the politics. They are coming, oh yes, they are coming.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home