Saturday, September 11, 2004

And on that note...

I hope you appreciated Remembered. But I realized I left out a piece of my expirience. It's what I've learned of New York City since that day. My first trip to New York City was in early spring of 2002, following the WTC attack. It was an amazing place and I was only given a day to explore. 1 day to see what I could see. I spent that day with two friends. And I could still feel the pain. I could look into the people's faces and understand the hurt on a real level for the first time. I could stand over the WTC site and see how symbolic and powerful that gaping hole really was. New York City didn't really move as fast and as crazy as I had expected.

But this summer I took a second trip out there. And as I sat here looking at the Snow globe on my desk I remembered it. It was a different city. A city full of the life I had expected to see. The sun was shining and people were moving and life had a pace and a rhythm and best of all the city had a love. Or maybe it's that I had a love. I walked with her and I held her hand and we smiled all the way as we stepped from Grand Central to Greenwich Village and back again. And New York City wasn't about pain anymore. It wasn't sad. The city glowed with life and love. For a few days it was everything I had ever dreamed of my entire life.

And it would have been a shame to leave you with only the sadness. Cause it's out of that sadness that all other emotions can be reborn. All that emotional energy made that love all the more real. It was all the more intense. There was a passion in life there that I will strive to live with for the rest of my life. And I hope I can bring a little bit of that to you.

3 Comments:

Blogger D Rant Master said...

I hope you don't mind but you inspired me to write about my day.
Not that I'm trying to take away from your experience but it seemed nice to be able to share that day with other people.

So thanks for the hint of inspiration on this day of remembrance.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

Beautifully said. I know I could not do any better.

9:37 PM  
Blogger D Rant Master said...

If you're still looking for the invite to gmail then got back Rants and get the address to go to.
But if you got it already than more power to you. Also I don't know if you put the link up here or not but I know that I know how to read and it's just not anywhere to be found on the links.

But any ways, I'll see ya around.
D Rant

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home