Friday, June 04, 2004


Today I woke up, the sun was shining, the air was clear and I felt like crap. Maybe I'll walk to work, I thought. Yes, what a brilliant Idea, that will be sure to clear my head. Of course as I walk, my mind has time to work its pessimistic magic. That is why recently I have adopted a policy of pounding my brain into submission. If my brain is forced into pure input mode, it can't come up with ways to twist things around. If I'm not working I'm reading- if I'm not reading I'm watching- if I'm not watching I'm drinking- and If I'm not drinking I'm blogging. (or as last night went, both drinking and blogging) Pure imput. Wait, blogging isn't input, blogging is output. And yet it isn't hurting me, it's helping. Blogging is creation. Blogging is giving birth.


This morning I took a work field trip down to one of the Super Cool Magazine's photo shoots to check out the scene. It was wholly unexciting as there were no models in the shoot, merely gear. Oh well, so it goes. I returned to the office to make phone calls, check facts, edit articles, etc. etc. when I felt something squirming inside me. What the hell was that, bad gas? NO! I was pregnant! There was a blog inside of me ready to be born! But I was at work and blogging at work is strictly verboten. what could I do? I could at least visit my blog. After all, no one at work would know that I was the creator, even if somehow they found me looking at it. (well, they could actually probably connect the dots). I checked my blog and there was my shimmering beacon of light! A comment . My first. Huzzah! I opened the comment:


"tony said...
that pic is a classic.
i hope people make a poster of it.
feel free to "steal" it.
it says 10,000 words."



Then I had to go to the bathroom and change my underwear because my one comment was from Tony ! I suppose if one person is reading my blog he is the one I would want. (Well, either Him or Mr. T) "I pity the foo who hasn't been to the The Truth Blog!"



Anyhoo, my day being brightened by Tony's visit and George T's resignation--which we all know will end up making G.W. look like a fool-- I was ready to go out and enjoy. I did. The end.


Huh? What do you mean I forgot something? Disastrous relationship details or gratuitous sex? Look, my life has little of both of these so maybe you shouldn't expect it everyday.....Alright, fine, I'll tell you. You see, last night, the reason my blog contained so many errors was because I went out for more than my fair share of cocktails. Now I am usually pretty controlled when it comes to substance abuse but I had something on my mind. I needed input. As it turns out, M (once again, TMG's ex for those of you who haven't been keeping up) had planned to meet the TMG downtown at her office o say goodbye and take her to dinner because she leaves town for a week tomorrow and he leaves to NYC for the summer before she gets back. The plans were made a while ago and, if you haven't already guessed, M still has feelings for the TMG whether she reciprocates or not. (and the verdict is still out on whether she does.)


Now I had told the TMG that I was not going to bring up what happened between us with him and she agreed with me. So the past few days, I have been living with M, he has told me their backstory and I have nodded my head and acted concerned like I barely even know the girl. Shit. What if, in the middle of dinner, the TMG consumes a few too many magaritas and suddenly has a weak moment and reveals to M our night of fun. Shit. He would kill me. The guy invited me into his home and that very same night I go home with his ex- girlfriend. He might kill me. So I ran away and drank. And then I came home and blogged. My blogging was disasterous but M came home just as he had left. He was either plotting my death in secret or she hadn't told him anything. I was safe...for now.


Alright, that's all I have for now. Now that the TMG is out of town, we can get down to business. Tomorrow's topic: superhero's, being one, losing your superpower and learning to settle. Don't worry, I'll make it interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger tony said...

im glad you hold me in such high regard. i too am a big fan of mr. t.

so much so that i would like to follow your mr. t link, but it appears that your html is off a little

i think what youre doing wrong in his link and my link is youre saying a href = www.mrt.com instead of a href = http://www.mrt.com

try it with the http:// part is what im saying.

rock on!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home